What Microdermabrasion Can Do
posted: Jul. 12, 2018.
Learn about microdermabrasion from your Indianapolis, Batesville, and Tipton dermatologists.
Want flawless skin? Microdermabrasion treatments are the secret to youthful skin. Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that uses diamond tips or crystals to exfoliate and remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells. Dermatology Associates in Indianapolis, Batesville, and Tipton, IN, offers a full range of dermatological services. Read on to find out what microdermabrasion can do for you.
1. Improve Acne Scars- Microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of mild acne scarring. It is not effective for deeper problems such as deep acne scars. Deeper acne scarring can be treated with dermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is not a quick fix for mild acne scars. People with mild acne scars will likely need multiple treatment sessions to see improvement in their skin.
2. Treat Wrinkles- Microdermabrasion is an effective means of removing unwanted fine lines and wrinkles and it gives your face a refreshed, vital look. Microdermabrasion stimulates the production of collagen, which helps to smooth wrinkles and fine lines. Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive treatment that delivers fantastic results. It doesn't require anesthetics or surgery.
3. Fix Uneven Skin Tone- Microdermabrasion is used to renew overall skin tone and texture. Increased collagen levels produce stronger skin, which can cause the tone of the skin to appear evener. Microdermabrasion works on all skin types and colors. It makes subtle changes, causing no scarring or skin color change.
4. Get Rid of Acne- Acne is a common skin condition. Patients with acne will benefit from microdermabrasion treatments, which exfoliate the skin and clear clogged pores of dirt and oil. Studies show that microdermabrasion treatments produce a positive effect on the improvement of acne.
5. Repair Sun Damage- Although exposure to the sun is necessary for people to function well, overexposure to the sun can lead to skin damage. Microdermabrasion can treat sun damage, especially sunspots, because it removes the surface layer of skin that has the excessive pigmentation.
6. Treat Hyperpigmentation- Microdermabrasion is used to improve hyperpigmentation. Because microdermabrasion removes the external layer of skin, pigmented areas will appear lighter after treatment. The procedure also speeds up cell turnover to replace the lost cells. Healthier skin cell renewal can reduce the occurrence of further hyperpigmentation problems.
If you want to watch your skin problems disappear from your eyes, contact Dermatology Associates today! Call us at (317) 257-1484 to schedule an appointment for a microdermabrasion session in Indianapolis, IN. Call (800) 303-3228 to schedule an appointment in Batesville, IN. Call (765) 675-1410 to schedule an appointment in Tipton, IN. Or email us at [email protected] Our microdermabrasion treatments will make you look and feel younger and more beautiful.