Posts for tag: Microdermabrasion
Learn about microdermabrasion from your Indianapolis, Batesville, and Tipton dermatologists.
Want flawless skin? Microdermabrasion treatments are the secret to youthful skin. Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure that uses diamond tips or crystals to exfoliate and remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells. Dermatology Associates in Indianapolis, Batesville, and Tipton, IN, offers a full range of dermatological services. Read on to find out what microdermabrasion can do for you.
1. Improve Acne Scars- Microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of mild acne scarring. It is not effective for deeper problems such as deep acne scars. Deeper acne scarring can be treated with dermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is not a quick fix for mild acne scars. People with mild acne scars will likely need multiple treatment sessions to see improvement in their skin.
2. Treat Wrinkles- Microdermabrasion is an effective means of removing unwanted fine lines and wrinkles and it gives your face a refreshed, vital look. Microdermabrasion stimulates the production of collagen, which helps to smooth wrinkles and fine lines. Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive treatment that delivers fantastic results. It doesn't require anesthetics or surgery.
3. Fix Uneven Skin Tone- Microdermabrasion is used to renew overall skin tone and texture. Increased collagen levels produce stronger skin, which can cause the tone of the skin to appear evener. Microdermabrasion works on all skin types and colors. It makes subtle changes, causing no scarring or skin color change.
4. Get Rid of Acne- Acne is a common skin condition. Patients with acne will benefit from microdermabrasion treatments, which exfoliate the skin and clear clogged pores of dirt and oil. Studies show that microdermabrasion treatments produce a positive effect on the improvement of acne.
5. Repair Sun Damage- Although exposure to the sun is necessary for people to function well, overexposure to the sun can lead to skin damage. Microdermabrasion can treat sun damage, especially sunspots, because it removes the surface layer of skin that has the excessive pigmentation.
6. Treat Hyperpigmentation- Microdermabrasion is used to improve hyperpigmentation. Because microdermabrasion removes the external layer of skin, pigmented areas will appear lighter after treatment. The procedure also speeds up cell turnover to replace the lost cells. Healthier skin cell renewal can reduce the occurrence of further hyperpigmentation problems.
If you want to watch your skin problems disappear from your eyes, contact Dermatology Associates today! Call us at (317) 257-1484 to schedule an appointment for a microdermabrasion session in Indianapolis, IN. Call (800) 303-3228 to schedule an appointment in Batesville, IN. Call (765) 675-1410 to schedule an appointment in Tipton, IN. Or email us at [email protected] Our microdermabrasion treatments will make you look and feel younger and more beautiful.
Patients are frequently searching for new ways to freshen and renew the appearance of their skin. One of the most popular dermatological options offered at Dermatology Associates in Batesville, Tipton, and Indianapolis, IN is called microdermabrasion. It can help you with many of the aesthetic concerns you have with your skin.
Microdermabrasion is a dermatological treatment that removes layers of the skin so that new healthy skin cells can replace them. Tiny crystals are released over the skin that gently shed old skin cells. Sometimes called a “lunchtime peel,” it is commonly used to rejuvenate the appearance of the face and provides results in about 30 minutes. After your appointment, you can go right back to work. Patients like this treatment because it doesn't require the use of chemicals, anesthesia, or invasive surgical tools. Many patients see smoother, younger-looking, more evenly toned skin after just one or two sessions.
What Is It Used for?
Regular microdermabrasion sessions (about six visits at two-week intervals) with your Batesville, Tipton, or Indianapolis, IN dermatologist, will ensure the best results. This skin treatment is used to resolve the following common problems:
- sun damaged skin (including sun spots)
- scarring and discoloration
- thick, tough, leathery skin
- wrinkles and lines around the eyes, mouth, and nose
- whiteheads and blackheads
Can Microdermabrasion Help You?
Your dermatologist Dr. Sonya Campbell Johnson, and esthetician, Shar Ellison can help you determine if microdermabrasion is a good option for you at your initial consultation. Generally, people with all types of skin (including all ranges of skin tones) can benefit from microdermabrasion. If you have an active skin infection or rash, this should be cleared up before treatment.
See a Dermatologist for Skin Rejuvenation
You should love the way your skin looks and feel confident about your appearance. Microdermabrasion could help you improve the look and feel of your skin after just a few sessions without the need for surgical procedures. Call 317-257-1484 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sonya Campbell Johnson at her Batesville, Tipton, or Indianapolis, IN office.
Learn more about microdermabrasion and the results you can achieve with this cosmetic treatment.
While many people have probably heard of microdermabrasion, not many people actually know what it is. Whether you’ve heard a friend touting all the amazing benefits from this treatment or you’ve read about it in your favorite magazine, it’s still important to first talk to our Indianapolis, IN dermatologist, Dr. Sonya Campbell Johnson, and esthestician, Shar Ellison, about whether microdermabrasion is right for you.
What is microdermabrasion?
Looking to get rid of dry, flaky skin and ready to welcome a radiant, healthy new layer of skin instead? If so, then microdermabrasion might be the answer you’ve been looking for. Our microdermabrasion system buffs away dead skin while also polishing the skin with fine crystals. It even stimulates the production of collagen and elastin to improve skin’s tightness.
What skin problems can microdermabrasion address?
People looking to correct fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, acne and superficial scars, age spots, sun damage and clogged pores can benefit from getting microdermabrasion treatments in Indianapolis, IN. When you schedule your consultation we will sit down with you and discuss your treatment goals to make sure they align with what microdermabrasion can offer you.
How does it work?
This non-invasive procedure is a great way to get younger-looking skin. When you come in for treatment a handheld device that contains tiny crystals is placed over the surface of the skin to exfoliate. Some suction also occurs to help remove other debris from your skin. Many patients opt for multiple sessions to keep skin looking and feeling its best and to improve a variety of imperfections.
How long will my recovery be?
An added benefit to getting microdermabrasion is that there is no recovery time involved. The procedure itself is not painful (but you may feel a slight warming sensation during your treatment). Of course, your skin may be red or a bit more sensitive after your treatment so you will want to avoid the sun and wear sunscreen every day. We can also recommend gentle cleansers and other products that will prevent the new skin from becoming irritated.
If you are interested in getting microdermabrasion in Indianapolis, IN, then it’s time you called Dermatology Associates at (317) 257-1484 or email them at [email protected] to schedule your consultation. We would love to find out your cosmetic goals and show you how we can help!